By Melanie Albert, Nutrition & Food Expert, Author and Speaker, Certified Health Coach
WOW! If you’ve been afraid of the “raw way of eating”, try this simple, beautiful, colorful, fun-to-prepare side dish. Enjoy fresh, local organic veggies with a creamy nutty pesto.
• 2-3 golden beets
• 2-3 carrots
• 2-3 zucchini
• 1 sweet potato
Ingredients: Cashew Basil Pesto
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
• 4 oz raw cashews, soaked
• 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 tbsp garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• ½ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
• Cut the veggies with a spiral slicer or mandolin.
• Place all ingredients for the cashew basil pesto, except olive oil in the food processor.
• Add the olive oil until smooth.
• Toss the veggies with about ½ cup of the pesto and serve.
• Enjoy the taste, the textures and the colors!
Come on over to our Facebook page, and post your raw veggie pasta creations: www.facebook.com/9Ways90Days